Sunday 18 March 2012

Paralelas

Some nights I thirst for real blood/ For real knives/ For real cries/ And then the flash of steel from real guns/ In real life/ Really fills my mind/ And I really miss what really did exist/ When I held your throat so tight/ And I miss the bus as it swerved from us/ Almost came crashing to its side/ Sometimes the blood from real cuts/ Feels real nice/ When it's really mine/ And if you want it to be real/ Come over for one night/ And we can really, really climb/ And those blue bridge lights might really burn most bright/ As we watch that dark lake rise/ And if you really want to see what really matters most to me/ Just take a real short drive/ It's just a drive into the dark stretch/ Long stretch of night/ Will really stretch this shaking mind/ And this room, unlit, unheated/ And the ceiling striped/ And the dark black blinds/ I want to know this time if you're really finally mine/ I need to know that you're not lying so I want to see you tried/ And I don't want to hear you say it shouldn't really be this way/ 'Cause I like this way just fine/ 'Cause there's nothing quite like the blinding light/ That curtains cast aside/ And no attempt is made to explain away/ The things that really, really, really, really, really are behind/ You can't hide

(Okkervil River)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'll meet you in the light.

Followers